If your family loves fishing (or loves the outdoors and would like to learn about fishing) join us for the Family Fishing retreat on the May Long Weekend. We provide instruction and assistance throughout the weekend for beginners and those more experienced. Fish from our docks or take out the canoes on Black Lake. If you need a break from the water you can enjoy all the land based activities camp has to offer. There’s something for everyone in your family!
What to expect at the Family Fishing Weekend
Finding God in every moment
Get outside and create some lifelong memories with your family. The relaxed schedule allows families to choose their own adventure throughout the day and to enjoy all the fun recreational options camp has to offer. You can also look forward to sharing delicious meals together as you compete for the "biggest fish" story!
There will be 4 short family-friendly Bible lessons given around meal times throughout the weekend as a springboard for discussion. The retreat is largely unstructured with lots of free time but we want to give your families some food for thought as you enjoy time together.
We have knowledgeable staff available to help give instruction to families learning to fish or to point more experienced families to the best fishing spots. Catch and release throughout the weekend, or harvest some pike for a fish fry!
Family Fishing Fees
The Family Fishing Weekend begins with lunch on Saturday and ends after breakfast on Monday.
Accommodation Options (Fees are per family)
- 6 Trailer Park Campsites
- $215 WKD + HST
Includes full water, septic and 30 amp electrical hook-up.
- Access to Shower House and public washrooms.
- $215 WKD + HST
- Cabins have 10 beds (5 bunks) with one bottom bed being a double.)
- 6 Standard Cabins – $335/WKD + HST. Each has a sink and toilet, but no shower. Access to a Shower House within a short walking distance.
- 6 Cabins with Showers – $370/WKD + HST. Each has a washroom with shower.
- Grey Gables
- 4 Units – $395/WKD + HST. Each includes a full washroom with shower/tub and a double or queen bed plus 2-3 singles.
- 2 Suites – $445/WKD + HST. Each includes a full washroom with shower/tub and a queen bed plus 5-7 singles.
Each family will pay a per person food service fee in additional to the family accommodation fee.
- Adults & Teens – $65+HST/wkd
- Children 6-12 – $40+HST/wkd
- Children 2-5 – $35+HST/wkd
- Children 0-1 – no charge
Frequently Asked Questions
- A: Anyone over the age of 18 who is planning on fishing needs to purchase a fishing license. You can buy them at Canadian Tire stores or fishing stores. There are several license options to choose from. There are three day, seven day, or a year’s license. You also have a choice between purchasing a conservation license or a full sport fishing license. A conservation license is cheaper but, your daily limit of fish you can keep is fewer than a full sport license.
- A: You need to bring your own linens, pillows, towels, and toiletries. We provide all your food and make your meals. We will have live bait available for those who are fishing.
- A:If any of you don’t have fishing gear please contact the camp office so we can have enough gear here for you to use.
Discover the Wonder
Our family camps are designed to give families a chance to enjoy all the experiences of camp together. We provide structured and unstructured time for families to spend together enjoying nature and activities. We have two daily chapels with sessions geared to the specific age groups of adults, teens, young and older children. Each member of the family will be fed spiritually throughout the week.Register Learn More
Discover the Wonder
Each camp week consists of various activities including swimming, canoeing, crafts, games, nature hikes, low ropes course, singing, storytelling, drama, day trips and theme days. Camp Crossroads Day Camp provides a fun and safe environment for children where they can create and grow lasting relationships.Register Learn More